The Department of Cannabis Control (DCC) makes regulations for cannabis businesses. These regulations specify:
- What you must submit when applying for a license
- Rules for running a cannabis business
- What can and cannot be made into a cannabis product, and what ingredients can and cannot be used
- Packaging requirements to prevent contamination and inform consumers about what’s inside
- The testing that each product must pass before it can be sold
- Enforcement actions that may be taken if a business is not following the rules
Read the current DCC regulations:
- Text of regulations
- Disciplinary guidelines
- Beverage and Tincture Guidance
- Inhaled Products Guidance
- Summary of Certificate of Compliance
DCC took two regulatory actions to combine and simplify the previous cannabis regulations within our first two months as a new department. We’re proposing additional changes to streamline and strengthen the regulatory framework.
Learn more about proposed changes to regulations.
Learn how regulations are made.