The Cannabis Advisory Committee (CAC) is tasked with advising DCC on the development of relevant standards and regulations for commercial cannabis businesses, including those necessary to protect public health and safety. These requirements are guided by Business and Professions codes.
The CAC is expected to provide valuable input to DCC’s development of regulations and standards through its comprehensive representation and each individual member’s unique perspective on consumer, community, and market issues. In addition, the CAC will provide an important venue for DCC to hold robust public discussions that support the development of an innovative regulatory framework that benefits all Californians and results in a safe, sustainable, and equitable cannabis market.
The CAC members are:
- Ali Jamalian, Chair – CEO, Kiffen LLC
- Kristin Nevedal, Vice Chair
- Amber Baur – Executive Director, United Food and Commercial Workers Western States Council
- Antonio Frazier – President, Sonoma Lab Works
- Christine De La Rosa – CEO & Co-Founder, The People’s Ecosystem
- David Woolsey – Police Sergeant, San Jose Police Department, Division of Cannabis Regulation
- Dr. Ellicott Matthay – Social Epidemiologist and Assistant Professor, NYU Grossman School of Medicine; Affiliate, University of California San Francisco and University of California Berkeley
- Dr. Imani Brown – Social Equity Program Director, City of Los Angeles
- Jeremy Brown – Co-Owner, Booney Acres; District 4 Supervisor, Trinity County
- Madison Shockley III – Owner, Off the Charts South Los Angeles
- Matthew Broad – Legislative Advocate at Broad and Gusman, representing California Teamsters (alternate)
- Matthew Maldonado – Director of Organizing and Field Services, United Domestic Workers (UDW/American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees Local 3930) (alternate)
- Matthew Clifford – Attorney, Trout Unlimited
- Paul Tupy – Deputy Division Chief, Northern Division, Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Sara Payan-Pehrson – Public Education Officer, The Apothecarium
- Terry Brennand – Government Relations Director, Service Employees International Union (SEIU) California State Council
- Joann Iwamoto – Cannabis Program Manager, Monterey County
- Robin Christensen – Chief, Substance and Addiction Prevention Branch, California Department of Public Health
DCC is always recruiting for new members and accepts applications on an ongoing basis. To be considered, please fill out the CAC application form and submit it with your resume to email@example.com.
The CAC meets every three months on the second Thursday of the month:
- June 8, 2023
- September 7, 2023
- December 7, 2023
Upcoming subcommittee meetings
- None at this time.
Dates are subject to change. Public notice of meeting dates will be provided at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled meeting.
View the 2023 CAC meeting schedule.
- May 24, 2023 (Public Health and Community Impact Subcommittee)
- April 25, 2023 (Equity Subcommittee)
- March 9, 2023
- March 2, 2023 (Equity Subcommittee)
- February 16, 2023 (Laboratory Subcommittee)
- February 15, 2023 (Cultivation Subcommittee)
- February 13, 2023 (Medicinal Use Subcommittee)
- January 20, 2023 (Public Health and Community Impact Subcommittee)
- January 19, 2023 (Cultivation Subcommittee)
- December 15, 2022
- December 14, 2022 (Cultivation Subcommittee)
- December 13, 2022 (Equity Subcommittee)
- September 8, 2022
- December 13, 2021
Each year the committee issues a report that describes:
- What they did during the previous year
- Recommendations made
- Whether recommendations were implemented
The committee has issued the following reports: